At 10:07 AM 11/27/01 +1000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>You could try increasing the size of the tracks and grid in your polygons to a
>larger value - maybe 30 to 40 to 50 thou. If these primitives are too small it
>increases the size of the database considerably and leads to unstable
>operation.
>Another long term Protel bug.

Well, by its nature, a polygon pour with fine track creates a whole huge
pile of primitives. That's intrinsic to the pour concept, as long as it is
purely positive (which makes it possible to use the same DRC routines, for
example).

>  When is a primitive 'merge' for polygons going to
>appear?

Mr. Broome is referring, I think, to enabling Protel to do RS-274X
positive/negative merges, which would greatly decrease database and plot
size where pours are involved, and it would also solve certain other pour
problems. I have detailed in other posts how this could be done *without*
requiring negative checking, a rather complex process. At the same time,
the same process would make inner planes as DRCable as positive copper pours.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA