From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 2:55 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Multiple Subcircuits

Protel has never been good at annotating designators in sch and pcb. If you
plan
on using the
really powerful features in array building (like creating circular arrays in
pcb
) or
 building arrays of schematics and arrays in pcb, the best way to keep your
designators in step is to use a plugin which can be downloaded from
www.qualecad.com.

You have to add the server to both sch and pcb and assign it a button or
menu
item. The plugin
allows you to renumber a selected group of components and either add an
offset (
say 100 so R1, R2 ... becomes
R101, R102.... etc) or add a suffix ( R1, R2  becomes R1_1, R2_1 etc)

Clive Broome
IDT Sydney Design Centre        Ph:         +61 2 9763 3513
8 Bayswater Dr, Homebush        Fax:        +61 2 9763 3409
Sydney,  NSW, 2127              Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Australia

"Dave Babcock" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 11/27/2001 09:53:54 PM