At 04:08 PM 27/11/01 -0800, you wrote:

>I am unable to open a Database file with Protel 99 SE with SP6.  When I
>try to open one, the program gives me the New Design Database dialog.
>This installation on my computer used to work.
>
>I have tried removing and reinstalling Protel 99 SE and Service Pack 6
>without success.  I disabled my virus checking software during the
>install.  I am running Windows 2000 with SP2.
>
>Are there any hidden registry settings I need to be aware of?
>
>Any hints would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Douglas

Douglas - this has come up before and I think there is  one or more KB
article(s) on the Protel www site on this problem.  I have seen the p

KB item 1985 is one candidate - do you use apostrophe's in any folder/file
names?

Also, I am not sure but I seem to recall that the "MDAC problem" can have
this or similar effect.  Search for MDAC on the Protel KB.  Basic issue is
that the MS database drivers have been overwritten by some other
program/installer.

Ian Wilson