At 11:27 AM 11/30/01 +1100, Michael Beavis wrote:
>Free pads allow for more powerful design rules to be employed but it is
>possible to lose them when synchronising from SCH if care is not taken.
>If the 'Delete component' option is selected in the sync process and the
>free pads do not appear on the SCH they will be removed from the PCB.

Free pads, by definition, do not appear on the schematic. I read this post
from Mr. Beavis and was pretty shocked. I was about to start railing at the
programmers who would allow Free-padname to be deleted as if it were a
component. But I tried it first. I could not get free pads to disappear
from a PCB when the PCB was Updated from a schematic.

If one uses a component for mounting holes, yes, that component should be
on the schematic or it will be deleted.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA