From: Abd ul-Rahman Lomax [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 10:29 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] SV: Phatom polygons another tip

At 01:46 PM 11/29/01 -0500, Jenkins, Charlie wrote:
>I find that after the polygon pours and dead copper is removed, there are
>areas that I would like to keep the copper that was removed because no
>connection to a net could be made.

Why?

>   In those cases I use a net "seed" like a
>via or little fill patch with a net assigned to it.  I place the patch and
>repour. Use pour over same net and the patch will be covered by a polygon
of
>the same net as assigned to the seed via or patch.

Yes, this will do it. A piece of free track assigned to the polygon's net
also accomplishes the same purpose. A fast way to create that track is to
draw it from anything connected the the net, then pick it up and move it.
Or, of course, one can just edit the net field in the primitive's edit
dialog.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA