I'm the exact opposite of this. I try to make each schematic part look like
its function, rather than its physical layout. That way, the schematic will
be a proper abstraction of the circuit, rather than a rough draft of the
PCB. IMO it makes the schematic easier to read and understand if it's
abstracted from the physical layout of the board.

Of course, your needs might be different, so I can respect that; whatever
floats your boat, so to speak.

Cheers,
Matthew van de Werken
Electronics Engineer
CSIRO Exploration & Mining - Gravity Group
1 Technology Court - Pullenvale - Qld - 4069
ph:  (07) 3327 4685     fax:  (07) 3327 4455