-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Abd ul-Rahman Lomax [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet: Samstag, 1. Dezember 2001 21:00
An: Protel EDA Forum
Betreff: Re: [PEDA] Tasking Offer

warning: long, probably too long and rambling....

<.. snip ..>

I think that altium try to learn how business is done from cadence. But they
are far behind.

Here the story :

A bit more than 1 year ago I bought the specctra autorouter. The price
offered was about 7000US$ if I remember right. Several talks were made and
it came out " because you are protel user, we have a special cross update
program that you get the full orcad suite and specctra with two more options
and 6 layer not for regural US$ 35000,-
but for
                        U$ 6000,-

ok. I bought it, but still using protel for schematic and pcb.

A few month ago a friendly voice asked me to continue the so called '
premium service for another year for my specctra. It's about US$1000 and I
agreed.

Last month I joint a two days training seminar for another US$1000,- ( but
this it was worth anyway.)

A week ago, the above mentioned voice asked me to renew the  maintenance
contract for another year. I told her, that I did this already, but she
explained, this is a different thing. 'premium service' is, that I can call
the hotline or so, maintenance is, that I get the upgrades if there are any.
And for this we are charge you a US$ 3500,- for one year !

I think I do not need to comment this any longer.

Georg

<..snip ..>

Sure, most of us don't need the compilers, which is one reason, I think,
that they did not send out CDs. *That* would have cost them real money
without adding so much value for the user base as a whole. Thus the
download.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA