You wrote on 06.12.2001 06:36:49:

> Altium tech support is nearly irrelevant
>right now, since this forum is extremely helpful.  The last time I used
>Protel support was in 1996, when I first started using the program.  I
>haven't needed it since.  I am quite sure that I would still need it if
>there wasn't this forum to ask.  So, all most of us really need from
Protel
>support are service packs to fix bugs.  And those should be free and
>permanently available for download.

Exactly my experience. I called their Swiss distributor a couple of times
when 99SE was brandnew, but since I joint this forum every problem I came
across and posted here was commented and mostly solved in a far more
detailed and satisfying way than I ever experienced with any support group
(applies not only to Protel).

Regards,

Gisbert Auge
N.A.T. GmbH