At 01:40 PM 12/7/01 -0800, Dwight wrote:
>I thought there might be a way to globally select based on DRC status, but I
>don't see it.

There should be a way. But if there is, I don't know what it is.

>However, here's a technique that MIGHT be faster:
>
>- set layer display to only Multilayer
>- error pads should be green -- you can Shift-Click to add each one to
>(cumulative) selection
>- Ctl+Del will then delete all selected items.

Note that DRC Violations must be turned on on the Layers setup page, of
course, and the color will be as set on the layer color page, I have mine
set for bright red.....

>Dwight.

In this case, there is a way. Make the vias oversize by the radial distance
that you want for clearance to them. Paste an array of such vias, and the
ones which contact primitives with net assignments will take on those nets.
Using this fact, one can then select, with a global edit keyed on net and
via size, all the vias which produce violations and delete them with a
single Edit/Clear. It might be better to use free pads instead of vias
because it is easy to give free pads a distinguishing designator. If
desired, these pads could then be assigned the ground net, selected,
reduced to their final size, -- again using a global edit -- and then
converted to vias with Tools/Convert.

It is possible that a few remaining vias which violate by contacting a
no-net primitive will remain. These can be found using DRC.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA