When I tried the M-C command and click on a blank area of the PCB, it brings
up a handy dialog box allowing me to choose from a list of components placed
on the board. I want to just see the resistors, so I enter R* for the filter
and it works as expected.

The problem is when I want to do this AGAIN, the R* reverts back to * which
causes all components to show up again. I have to type R* AGAIN and AGAIN.

I think to make this more useful, the filter should persist between access
to this dialog. Does anyone else disagree??

Tony