At 10:48 AM 12/10/01 -0800, Dennis Saputelli wrote:
>Does anyone know if it is possible (and if so how to) send ('export' or
>save as) a protel schem to orcad capture

I'd like to know myself. I worked on the problem some time back but I don't
think I came to completion. Here is what I recall.

Protel will write (Save As) an OrCAD .sch file. This would be SDT
compatible. SDT, however, is a format which did not include libraries in
the schematic file, so all you will get in the .sch file is the wires, net
labels, etc. The symbols will be missing unless they are present in a
library specified in SDT.CFG.

So one must create a project library and specify it in SDT.CFG. The more
difficult of the problems is the project library; you can edit SDT.CFG
manually if you can find any example of it from an earlier version of OrCAD.

If a project library is made in Schematic and saved as ASCII, which is an
option, there may be a way to make this library OrCAD readable, because the
Protel ASCII library format is quite similar to the older SDT libraries.

If anyone knows how to do this or cares to investigate it, I'd also like to
know....

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA