thanks for your answers (Drew and Abd)
it sounds like the conclusion is that Protel does not export to orcad in
a manner which is useful
too bad
i may now have to do the project in orcad, creating new symbols and all

i don't think the customer will be happy with PDF's

yes there is a sdt config file in samples, but those libs cited will
surely not have all the symbols i have made in protel

Dennis Saputelli