> I received this question from an associate who is evaluating the Protel
> Software and thought I should post it to the forum. Your thoughts?
> ----------------
> Do you use the signal analysis on Protel?  If so, how well does it work?
> We're finally getting up high enough that we've started checking the
> signals, so a couple of the engineering were wondering about that
> capability.

Bill,
I am not sure if I am addressing this correctly, but I use the SI tools for
all of my controlled impedance designs.  Earlier this year I verified the
accuracy of the tools against IPC's calculator, Polar instrument's
calculator and have had TYCO report the same results for controlled
impedance stackups, so the SI tools for Controlled impedance is very
accurate as far as I am concerned.      Actual differences  between the
three calculators only varies by about 5%.
I have only toyed with  the crosstalk tools and have yet to verify them
against anything.   I have a collection of data measured on a system
board-backplane-board, but all of the data was collected  and measured
differentially.  One day, I will try to interpret the data an try to get a
correlation to the cross talk tools which are single ended.

Mike Reagan
EDSI
Frederick Md