At 07:27 AM 12/12/01 -0500, Sean James wrote:
>Is there any way to ignore or bypass keepouts during a DRC?

A keepout which is ignored is not a keepout; I concur that it is dangerous
to set up DRC to ignore them, assuming that you can, I haven't tried.

A case in which one might be tempted to do this is with board outline
all-layer keepout that violates to some essential primitive, like an edge
connector pad or mounting pad. It is better to arrange the keepout such
that no violation takes place. A keepout may be pulled out from the board
edge or broken in some cases to suppress errors specifically where desired
without generically disabling keepouts. Because one would do this where
there is another interfering primitive, it can be done such that it will
not create a routing path outside the board.

Sometimes this could create autorouter problems, I certainly haven't tested
all possibilities. Perhaps another writer has more comments.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA