[large snip]

I must admit that protels action seems to follow a trend I watched on money
line (CNN)... what you do is look for shares in a software company which are
undervauled in some way.. either because their product is under priced or
they have a money winner but don't realise it yet (under marketed).  Buy the
shares while low.. revalue the product thru marketing or just increasing
prices and hey presto.. the share price increases when others see the
returns..

but

ahh... wasn't their a customer somewhere in this discussion ??? shouldn't
there be a user or two ??? .. oh well.. I guess when moneys all you care
about moneys all you get..

I've seen it before and it won't be the last time.. the US stock market is
for people with money NOT customers.. they don't care so much about
customers just how much money the company will make for them.  If the
company does well out of it.. then great.. if it fails.. then it wasn't a
good company to start with.. who said you have to build a customer base or
encourage customers to want and desire your software (mind you I prefer
other kinds of software :)

I perfered Protel when it was an aussy company and I actually got the meet
the GM when he was on a "meet the people" tour.

Simon