At 09:38 AM 12/13/01 -0800, Brad Velander wrote:
>Dwight,
>         the holes must overlap the outline otherwise the holes do not result
>in any additional opening to allow the square corners into the inner
>radiused corners of the board outline. This is a square peg trying to fit
>into a round (radiused) hole issue.

There you go again, Brad, thinking in the box.

Yes, the holes overlap the actual board outline. But there is no rule that
says that the board outline is identical to any keepout track.

You want to keep track out of the holes, I'd think. In fact, you'd want a
clearance between the holes and any track. So the keepout is somewhere in
between the holes and the closest position for the track....

>As for Dennis' comment,
>         my comments were about the lack of DRC rule control, or even DRC
>rules working at all.

It has been suggested that an equivalent to No-ERC be created for PCB. This
would be a device for suppressing one very specific error message. Move the
primitives involved, the No-DRC suppression goes away. That's a rough idea,
anyway.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA