At 02:25 PM 12/13/01 -0800, Brad Velander wrote:
>But abd ul-Rahman,
>         do you want to edit approx. 200+ lines and curves making up the
>board outline to adjust them to some other offset for use as the keepout? I
>didn't think so. I also have to do this for 4 variations in board outlines
>where approx. 20 - 25% of the board outline is different.
>         I would generate this in ACAD but then I have to get them imported
>back to Protel correctly (that's a significant battle in itself), confirm it
>is all there and correct. Then I have to individually change each element of
>that outline to keepout because you can't globally change keepout status. So
>no, I am not thinking inside the box!

You have presented Protel with a complex problem added to a complex
outline. The solution is going to be complex, there is no way around it.
You can make it easier by making a footprint for the outline-intersecting
holes which includes the offset keepout at clearance. Then, where this
keepout intersects the original keepout, you break the original track and
delete the original segments. This is if you want a patent keepout.

Or you can simply move the entire keepout in one fell swoop to a mech layer
and manually inspect the outline.

The keepout does not need to be as complex as the outline if you don't mind
losing a small amount of routing space.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA