I have 99SE installed on desktop machine and a laptop.  I am trying to set
my background colour in the PCB editor to a lighter colour than black.  I
have used long net names and they run off the pads, causing me to have to
zoom in further to see the full name.  If the background colour was lighter
I would be able to see the name.  This is working fine on my desktop but not
on the laptop.

On the laptop, whenever I try to change the background colour
(Tools>Preferences and colours tab) it always stays black.  I seem to be
able to change all the other colour options, and they work, but I can't
change the background colour.  Is there some other setting somewhere that I
am missing??

Or is this potentially a graphics card issue??

Marshall