Thanks. Ian.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Wilson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 4:50 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Bring out un-connected pins

At 03:55 PM 17/12/01 -0800, you wrote:

>Hello, all.
>I recalled the same question was discussed couple weeks ago but I couldn't
>find those e-mail anymore.
>
>How should I set up the design rule so I can get rid of all the violations
>for bring out any unconnected pins to vias?
>

>Thank you very much.
>

>Susan Lew

Susan,

You can't simply set a design rule to achieve this. I have been requesting
an extension to the no-net functionality for a while now such that the
design rule system can access the No-Net (non) net, but this is not
possible now.  Others have suggested a new  Free-Net that would offer some
further extensions as well.  Basically, I would like net-scoped rules to be
able to use No-Net as a valid net.

The only method I know of to reliably clear the DRC error created when
No-Net pad connects to a No-Net track/fill is to add them to the sch so
they are no longer no-nets.

A pain, isn't it.

Ian Wilson