On 04:13 PM 7/01/2002 +0100, Rene Tschaggelar said:
>I'm going to try it.
>I somewhat doubt it, since I only click once.
>
>Thanks anyway.
>
>Rene

Rene,

It is *not* a double right click  that I am talking about.  It is a single
right click but Protel uses the right-button depressed time to
differentiate between two actions - finish the sequence or finish the
command.  The depressed timing comes from the double click timing of the
Control-Panel|Mouse applet.

This is about the third time that I have commented on this over the last
year or so and the original info did not come from me (maybe Sam Cox? or
some other ex-Protel insider). So it comes up every so often but there does
seem to be a lot of doubt about it. maybe the following summary will be
clear enough...

between short and long *single* right-clicks.  These are then used to
either finish the current sequence (short click) or finish the current
command (long click).  If you reduce the speed of the double click timing
you can keep the right button depressed for longer and have P99SE recognize
that as a short click.  In the case of placing tracks (P-T) this means that
you no longer have to keep entering P-T after finishing each track sequence
with a right click.

Ian Wilson