You can edit a polygon and move the vertices to wherever you want once it is
placed.  From the Protel Help for PCB Polygon Plane (which also has a figure
to go with these words):

You cannot focus a polygon plane to edit its shape.
Instead, select Edit   Move   Polygon Vertices (shortcut [M G]) from the
menus and click on the plane you want to edit. The plane will be drawn in
outline, as shown
Click A to "grab" the vertex point and reposition it.
Click B to "break" the side into two segments by inserting a new vertex
point.
Right-click or press ESC to rebuild the polygon.