> Wayne Trow wrote:
>
> > WELL Bugger me with a broomstick !!
>
> I believe this was tried in New York a few years ago,
> and it ended up costing the city over $10 million after
> the case wound through the courts.
>
> Jon

I wondered at the time whether Wayne's previous post would result in some
type of response. :)

> > I was wrong Nicholas, you can do arcs.

I have had a bit of experience in using arcs with polygon boundaries. It is
possible to set an arc to be convex or concave in nature, but care is
required in positioning the cursor at the time. And arcs are always 90
degrees in arc length, so to "turn around" 180 degrees needs two arcs (one
immediately after the other).

As far as I can tell, it is not at all easy to edit the properties of arc
segments, such as radius or location (whereas the locations of vertices at
the ends of straight edges can be relatively easily repositioned, deleted,
or added).

It has also been my experience that arcs sometimes "turn inside out" when
the associated polygon is moved and/or mirrored, in that a 90 degree concave
arc (for instance) turns into a 270 degree convex arc. ISTR that this can
happen with both Protel 98 and Protel 99 SE. In some cases, the only cure is
to replace the polygon.

I am hoping to see big improvements re polygons in Phoenix. Time will tell
whether this actually happens or not...

Regards,
Geoff Harland.
E-Mail Disclaimer