Georg,

I had a similar problem, if I understand your question correctly. We have a
product that used to use ispLSI2064 devices, and then we could only get the
2064A variant. Our programming software wouldn't work with it, as it
detected the wrong signature. We were using an old Daisy Chain Download
software for DOS, as it was only used in the production area, for final
system programming on an old 386 PC. Anyway, an email to Lattice sorted out
the problem - the text from them follows:

------------------------
Hi Steve,
The 2064 and the 2064A are the same functionally but they have different
programming algorithms. So in order to program these new devices you need to
download the newest software ispVM System 8.2.2 if you like the ISP Daisy
Chain Download software. Or you like ispVM System go for the ispVM System
9.0.1
Hope this helps

I can't remember the exact process for programming the new device, but it is
very straightforward, and no JEDEC changes were required.

As they say, hope this helps.

Steve.