On 02:13 PM 24/01/2002 -0600, Nicholas Cobb said:
>I know I have seen this error before but I can't remember how to fix it.
>When I try to start the autorouter it tells me that one or more connections
>cannot be routed due to design rule violations. I have checked the border of
>the board and it is fine there are no gaps and the outline is on the keepout
>layer. I haven't seen this in a long time and am at a loss to figure it out.
>Any help would be appreciated.
>Nick Cobb

Virtually any design rule violation can cause this.  Especially any of the
clearance rules.

One that I have been bitten by is a general 8/8 design rule but a few fine
line devices with only 6 mil clearance between pads.  Adding a design rule
specific to the region or to the component should fix this one.

Also, check that you do not have any pads too close to one another as this
will cause a DRC violation.  Try running a batch DRC and checking the errors.

Ian Wilson