At 06:40 PM 24/01/02 -0800, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm using Protel 99SE/SP6 on Win2k.  I have created several custom drawing
>templates for schematics and some of them contain a reference to a .wmf
>file containing our company logo.  When I first created the templates the
>logo showed up fine, just like I wanted.  However, when I shut down then
>bring everything back up all that shows up in place of the logo is some
>text claiming the .wmf file is not available.  If I fool around with
>things (I'm not exactly sure what I actually do since it's more trouble
>than it's worth) I can get the logo to reappear, but the next time I open
>up the project the logo is gone again.  I've tried placing the logo file
>in the .ddb file as well as placing it in several different directories
>but in all cases it simply won't appear on the appropriate sheet
>consistently.  Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks,
>Ray Mitchell

Ray,

There was a discussion on graphics in template some months ago - I do not
have access to a local archive.  The discussion may have pre-dated the
establishment of either of the two online archive and possibly even the
Techserv email based archive (established about a year ago). The two
on-line archives are:
1) groups.yahoo.com and then search for Protel and find the archive group.
2) http://www.mail-archive.com/proteledaforum@techservinc.com  search for
"template"

(Leave now if you don't want to hear me bitching ... Rant mode on: Some
history on the mail-archive site, when Techserv was being very slow in
creating an online archive even though it was promised for ages, Abd
ul-Rahman Lomax and I independently (but at about the same time) went about
setting out an independent www-accessible archive of the PEDA list.  He
went to yahoo, I went to mail-archive.  I was successful in registering the
mail-archive as a user on the PEDA list but it was a little messy.  A short
time later the subscription was terminated (not by me and not by
mail-archive).  And then later still it was re-created.  One assumes by
Techserv.  No comments to me even though in the past I had sent Techserv
details on using the mail-archive site and suggesting it would be
appropriate (and received a reply that they don't need it as their own www
archive would be up and running soon - which it was not). There was not
even an announcment on the PEDA list that the archive existed. This sort of
behavior pisses me off no end - not much of a team attitude here.  Rant
mode off.  Before people start at me about the wonderful service that
Techserv provide - yes I do think it is a great service. )

Ian