On 10:48 PM 30/01/2002 +0000, Rich Thompson said:
> >snip<
>
> >ps.  can anyone point me some of the protel archive sites.  ive had to
> >reinstall win2k and lost all of my links.
>
>What do you mean by "protel archive sites"?  Do you mean sites which
>archive this forum?  Or sites that contain general Protel info? Or sites
>that have add-on servers for Protel?
>
>Ian Wilson
>

>sites that archive this forum.  i realise that techserv havent done this and
>the yahoo groups backup list is web accessable but i thought there were
>others

Rich,

The only other one that I know of that is up to date (but doesn't go back
years) can be found at http://www.mail-archive.com - search for Protel.

(Rant mode on: This was originally set up by myself but then taken over
(without asking) by Techserv - never been so much as a comment on the list
that it exists from Techserv, though there is a small link on the Techserv
site to it.  Still it is good it is there.  I think Techserv see it as
satisfying one of the complaints a number of regular posters had over a
number of issues about a year ago.  I personally would like to see the
Association raise its profile and create a www site of its own complete
with archives of the forum, better www access, better searching etc, server
uploads and downloads (without any copyright issues) etc etc.  I admit I am
a bit touchy about the mail-archive thing. Rant mode off.)

Ian Wilson