On 10:45 AM 31/01/2002 -0500, Abd ul-Rahman Lomax said:
 >I used MYOB, an Australian accounting program, for my wife's business. It
 >does data import in this way. Nice feature, one of the reasons I bought the
 >program.

Well then you will very aware of how some Australian software companies can
loose the plot totally and provide absolutely terrible and inconsistent
user interfaces - MYOB is a classic in this regard - but do not get me or
my HCI/ergonomics expert wife involved on this topic.

Protel is a dream of consistency and the user interface is very well
designed compared to MYOB.

On the other issue Spread Export/Import.  I will leave to others to make
comment if they can be bothered.  I have made my points and at least some I
stand by.  I agree with Dwight - hopefully Protel will not think that Abd
ul-Rahman's (worthy) extensions to the spread import facility must be
provided before we get the incremental improvement of persistent handles.

Ian Wilson