On 11:56 AM 4/02/2002 +1300, Wayne Trow said:
>Hi All
>
>Im sure this has been raised before but:
>
>I have component footprints with primitives - tracks, fills, arcs -
>connecting to round hole-pads for kinky shaped pads. When synchronizing,
>the primitives do not get included i.e. they have no net. I thus have to go
>through manually and assign the associated net to the primitives.
>
>Am I doing sometime wrong or is this the way its meant to be?
>

>Wayne Trow

This is the way it is - currently.  There was an attempt to improve this in
one of the service packs (SP6 maybe) which added the "Assign Net to
Connected Copper" option in the Synchronizer.  But in my experience this
seems to really slow down the synch.

The other method of clearing this up (apart from manually) is the
"Design|Netlist Manager|Menu|UpdateFree Primitives from Component Pads"
command that comes up here like clockwork.  Although it says "free
primitives" it does update copper that is part of a component.

Unfortunately this command does not seem to appear as a process in the PCB
process list or as a parameter in the processes that I checked, so it seems
that it may not be possible to tie this command to a menu or toolbar
directly to allow fast access.

Ian Wilson