To Abdul-Rahman, Dwight & Ian, & All,
Well guys I have finally seen the light.
Actually it was Dwight's post that finally clued me in last night, and
a chat with Abdul-Rahman. I guess it was past CAD systems
that provided me a major mental block.
There is no bug and I do understand now how the footprint
fields work. It does not have to be the first one but rather which
ever footprint is in fact the "selected or visible one" in the schematic for
that symbol
will be the one initially used, and the one that will either stay or be
replaced on the board
if an update is done during sync.
I hope I did not confuse anyone out there in the process.
Thanks to all for the help!!
Bob
Robert M. Wolfe, C.I.D.