Jeff Stout wrote:

> PLD 99 says it needs the "PLA2TDF.EXE" program to fit an Altera
> EPM7032 device.  Protel's KB articles 1993 and 1790 describe this
> problem and say this program was once available from the MAX PLUS
> software from Alter.  I downloaded this software (MAS PLUS), but
> it didn't have the pla2tdf utility. Logical Devices wasn't much help either.
>
> As a side note, the MAX PLUS software also reads in EDIF format,
> but it didn't like Protel's EDIF syntax.  So two paths to MAX PLUS
> are cut off at the moment.
>
> I'm sending an email to Altera, but in the mean time, do any of you
> guys know where I can get this program?

I ran into some similar difficulties with the PLD section of Protel
with respect to Xilinx config programs and data files, and didn't get
much help from Protel (at the time) either.  I even referred a complaint
from Xilinx software that their .xnf files (Xilinx net list format) had
syntax errors.  I got no response at all, so I gave up using Protel
for PLDs, and bought the Xilinx tools.  They are REALLY bad on the
user interface, but they work!

I hope you have better luck on the Altera interface.

Jon