At 09:59 AM 2/8/2002 -0500, Watnoski, Michael wrote:

>         I regularly use both systems and I prefer PCAD.  I only use Protel
>because my day job insists that I use what they already paid for.  I find
>PCAD far more efficient and easier to learn.  I am able to turn out jobs in
>about a third of the time that Protel requires.  This makes me far more
>competitive in my contract work.

My suspicion here is that Mr. Watnoski is not as skilled at the use of
Protel as he is at the use of PCAD; he may well be trying to use Protel in
a PCAD manner, and, definitely, that would be slow.

What would be useful would be to compare specifics, what is fast in one and
slow in the other, and are there ways to improve efficiency? Since Mr.
Watnoski is forced to use Protel, perhaps he might learn something which
would help him in his day job, and I might learn something that would
encourage me to dive into my PCAD license.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA