This question comes up once or twice a year.  The simple answer is that you
can't do it directly or easily.  You can use third party software from RSI,
but even then the files have to be in Allegro extract
format  (  http://www.camcad.com/Features/translator.html  ).  The
"extract" files have to be produced using a utility included with the
Allegro package, and cannot be produced without Allegro.

At 10:57 AM 2/8/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Does anyone have the ability to translate Cadence/Allegro .brd files to
>Protel, P-CAD ASCII, PADS PCB, or AutoCAD? I would be happy with any of
>these formats. Alternately, is there a translator available? I believe the
>.brd file is version 13, although it may be version 14. Any help would be
>greatly appreciated!
>
>Mark Richards
snip