At 01:15 PM 2/13/2002 -0800, Brad Velander wrote:
>Ken,
>         now I understand your problem, yes I have experienced this as well.
>The layers that you cannot get to display all at once are undoubtedly the
>mechanical layers 5 - 16. These were the new additional layers added in
>P99(SE?). I am unsure if it is a programming deficiency (I highly suspect
>this) or if it may be a display problem with certain graphics cards and
>Protel.

Well, all properly created and "visible" etc. mechanical layers on my W2000
box with Matrox G450 dual head display simultaneously. I was just looking
at seven layers.

What may be necessary here, for the original inquirer as well as Mr.
Velander, is to verify all relevant settings as well as video card and
operating system. But I suspect the settings, first, then the video card.

I mentioned some of the settings in my last mail. Another is that the mech
layers must be checked in the mech layer setup box as "visible." That might
seem redundant to the layer enable setting, but it would not behave exactly
the same. Disable a layer in the layer setting and you can't snap to it,
edit it, etc. Disable its visibility, you might still be able to edit it,
for example, as was reported.

And such layers become temporarily visible when something causes them to
highlight, again this resembles the reported symptom.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA