On 02:06 PM 13/02/2002 -0800, Brad Velander said:
>Anthony,
>         yes, yes, yes, your memory is functioning better than mine. That is
>the exact problem that I had. The problem is initiated or re-initiated by
>clicking the "Default" button on the drawing display order window. If you
>fix your display list in the ini file, do not ever click the "Default"
>button on the drawing display listing. You can promote and demote layers but
>do not press default or the problem will reappear and your ini file will
>need to be corrected again.
>
>         After I posted the previous message about the display problem I
>tested my system and could not demonstrate the problem that I described. I
>had fixed it several months ago and have luckily never pressed the Default
>button since.
>
>Sincerely,
>Brad Velander.

Brad and Anthony,

You are correct.  Now I remember going through this at the time it came up
some time ago.  But I had forgotten about it.

Protel tech support did have something to say on the matter (in direct
email to me) and confirmed it is a bug and it is due to the programming of
the "Default" button on the layer drawing order dialog - the button handler
does not know about the new P99SE layers.

Protel Tech Support sent a text file with the layer mapping numbers.  I
have included these.  You can patch up the ini file to recover from an
accidental "Default" click.  I quote Tech Support:
"The work around is to manually construct the required layer orderings in
the INI file (with the PCB server stopped) using a text editor."

If you look at the ini file before making corrections you may see that
Layer 76 is being inserted in the drawing order at multiple places - Layer
76 is the Background Layer.  This is the mechanism - the background layer
is being drawn over the other layers.

Bye for now,
Ian Wilson

Here are the layer numbers used in the layer drawing order:
NoLayer         0
TopLayer                1
MidLayer1               2
MidLayer2               3