Hi Jon,

Thank you for your reply.

Well, just your saying that yours worked, gives me encouragement.  I don't
have a book on this plotter but, through trial and error, I got the thing
to accept a command prompt command.  It drew a diagonal line from the
command that I sent it.  So, I am thinking that the baud rate is set
correctly at 9600 and hardware control, 8 bits, 1 stop bit and no parity
(N) as it passes the comm. test okay.

I am almost certain that it is the setup from within Protel99 SE that I
have wrong.  I am using Windows XP and have selected the generic HPGL/2
protocol for talking to the plotter.  Is there a special driver for this
beast to make it plot?  I have just selected the HPGL/2 from within printer
setup in XP.

Any ideas at all will be very appreciated.

Ros