At 06:05 PM 14/02/02 -0800, you wrote:
>In 24 hours since 5:29 last night, there have been 63 post to this list.
>
>Most are just a few lines, while others are a few pages . . .
>
>Abd ul-Rahman Lomax [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]              14 posts
>Afshin Salehi [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]                 1 post
>Anthony Whitesell [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]            1 post
>Brad Velander [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]                1 post
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]                            1 post
>Darryl Newberry [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]   1 post
>Dennis Saputelli [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] 2 posts
>Dwight [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]                       1 post
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                    2 post
>Geoff Harland [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]            2 posts
>Harry Selfridge [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]      1 post
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      1 post
>Ian Wilson [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]             5 posts
>Jason Morgan [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]               1 post
>Jon Elson [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]                3 posts
>Ken Henrich [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]                   2 post
>Michael Biggs [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]              1 post
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]                         2 posts
>Mike Pilawa [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]          1 post
>Mike Reagan [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]                     1 post
>Nick Piccinich [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]       1 post
>Peder K. Hellegaard [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]            3 posts
>Philip J. Mayo [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]                  1 post
>Rene Tschaggelar [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]           1 post
>Ros [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]                                2 posts
>Sar Saloth [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]                    2 posts
>Sean James [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]              2 posts
>Terry Harris [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]               1 post
>Tony Karavidas [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]         3 posts
>Waldemar Kulajew [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] 2 posts
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]                      1 post
>
>Interesting . . .
>
>Some people just seem to have a lot of free time on their hands . . .
>
>JaMi Smith

I did a graph once covering a three month period of the number of messages
people posted.  What I was really keen on figuring out at the time was
actually the words per post that each person wrote.  I thought for a while
how to do this but got stuffed by the problem of not counting quoted
text.  This now made even worse by the increasing prevalence of quoted text
that doesn't include the usual quote characters at the start of the line.

So it would have to be done manually - who has *lots* of time on their
hands  (actually this was just a bit of fun I was going to have),
Ian