Ros wrote:

> I could still use some help with this problem.
>
> Jon, if you are reading this, could you give me your setup parameters for
> the Datamaster and also what driver did you use?

The plotter I had was a DraftMaster I.  I ran it at 9600 baud, whic requires
either
a switch setting on the back or pressing two buttons every time you started it.
I ran it with a Windows 95 driver I downloaded from the HP web site.
The driver identifies itself as "HP Draftmaster I", but I didn't see a version
number.  I was using Win 95 on that computer when we had the plotter.

> I have tried many, many combinations of things and while I can get the
> plotter to do a test plot from a command prompt from within winXP, I cannot
> seem to get Protel99SE to plot the schematic that I am working on.

Well, I can't tell for sure what the problem is.  It could be something
specific to XP, which I know nothing about.  If you can plot test
plots from XP, then it pretty much indicates the comm port parameters
are right.

Jon