Ros wrote:

> Thanks, Jon.
>
> I cannot seem to find a driver for this setup.  I have been to HP's site, too.
>
> You said that you had your Draftmaster working with Protel.  Can you give
> me any particulars whatsoever for it?  What OS were you using?

There really was no setup, other than learning which way it expected the paper
to be loaded and where the origin was.  I used Windows 95, which I can't recommend

for Protel 99.

> Yes, I mentioned earlier that the "command prompt command" was working so
> that you would understand that the hardware is working.  I didn't mean to
> confuse you and intimate that all was well.

Well, if HP doesn't have an XP driver, then maybe a driver for NT 4.0 or Win2K
can be installed.  I only know a little about XP.

I am now using a PostScript HP PaintJet XL300 (a large-format inkjet) which works
pretty well.  I can't really reccommend it because it is so SLOW!  But, otherwise,
it
works fine, and it IS faster than a pen plotter - and no fooling with liquid ink
pens
that skip or tear the paper.

Jon