On 02:13 PM 18/02/2002 -0800, Brad Velander said:
>Jan,
>         actually it is not possibly to import footprints directly though
>linking. The only fields which are linkable are the 8 part fields, not the
>footprint field.

Brad,

Shameless plug mode on

I am just completing documentation and final testing for a server that
allows you to update all the non-read only fields, including footprint (and
designator if you wish).  User has full control and can do all components,
just selected or omit selected and can be done across the project or just
the current sheet. The process can be made "one touch" by saving and
recalled.  Matching is by any component field.

It is also a *lot* faster that the Protel linking process.

Shameless plug mode off

(Downside: it is shareware - if you continue to use it I would appreciate
you register it.)

Ian Wilson