From: ICT Mail [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 18 February 2002 23:43
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] URGENT HELP REQUIRED: Paste Mask

Jason, just a thought here....
When you load gerbers back into a blank PCB file, you must remember that for
a given layer, all the lands that represent vias and pads etc will be
imported as free pads and will take on the design rules specified in your
PCB file. Vias are just a D-code for a given artwork layer.

I suspect that if you tented these vias when looking at them in Protel after
importing the gerbers, they would actually have a Solder Mask assigned which
would be the default for a free pad or general rule in the "viewing PCB"
file.

I would recommend using a Gerber viewer / editor for viewing Gerber files.

Leon Fonstin