>darryl says:
>SHAME ON PROTEL FOR PROVIDING UNSTABLE, FLAKY-ASS, SO-CALLED
>"PROFESSIONAL" "ENGINEERING" SOFTWARE THAT ROBS ME OF MY TIME
>aND my BEAUTY SLEEP!

sorry to hear you lost your work.  but i have never used any
software packages (other than a few small utilities) that don't
occasionally crash.  before i installed protel's sp6 i had a lot
of crashes too.  i've probably got over 400 hours of protel usage
now on a new NT4 machine with no crashes or lockups.  not bad.

>darryl says more:
>Well, I'm going back to work now. I'm busy designing actual boards for
>actual commercial products that have to be fabbed, stuffed, tested, and
>installed in those actual products over the next few weeks. Y'all have a
>nice time chatting about IPC this and that, m'kay?

it was my understanding that most of the people on this list
do printed circuit boards.  it certainly seems like it.  i've
done 4 boards in the last 2 weeks.  of course, they probably
have more time to post because they back up their files and
don't have to spend time redoing their work.   ;-)

miker