On 12:25 PM 20/02/2002 -0800, Dwight said:
>A related discussion reminded me of this -- a very annoying "feature" of
>autosave is that it saves all open documents, whether or not they've been
>changed.  So although you can set it to keep multiple backups, if you leave
>your design open while doing something else, you may find you have several
>identical autosaved copies of all your open documents.  It even autosaves
>docs opened read-only!  This (a) reduces the usefulness of autosave; (b)
>lengthens the time of each autosave, which (c) increases the disruption of
>one's work/concentration.

These are good points that I had not previously considered but certainly
have come across.

Into the bug database they go..

We do need a reliable and useful Autosave.  Abdulrahman's comments on
stacked commands will be incorporated as well if someone can confirm that
this behavior has not been fixed in a later SP.

Ian