At 01:33 PM 2/22/2002 -0500, Robison Michael R CNIN wrote:
>can you tell me this?  on the internal planes 1 thru 4,
>does this reference the ORIGINAL way the planes laid,
>or the final way when the gerbers were generated?  does
>my question make sense?

I don't know, but it would not be hard to find out, just make a stackup
with four internal planes, put some text on each one to show which name it
is, give them names with the original numbers in them but a different
alphabetical order, just in case that affects it, and move them around in
the stackup.

>[...] but now that i have these planes, it
>won't let me delete them.

Right. You would have to delete any primitives you have placed on those planes.

>i absolutely hate the idea of having to open camtastic
>and guess about which is which.

Aw, Mike! Put some text on each one which identifies it. You should do that
anyway. If you had done that, the fab house would not have had to call you....

You should routinely view your files in CAMtastic. If you have it set up
right, it is very fast.

You could also do a batch gerber load into a blank PCB. That is also fast.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA