On 07:41 PM 22/02/2002 -0800, Brad Velander said:
>Darren,
>         thank you very much, I was racking my brain trying to remember the
>cures which had previously been discussed, to no avail. Now they seem to
>have disappeared but I know they are just lurking somewhere where they are
>not readily visible at the moment, time for the snipe hunt.
>
>Sincerely,
>Brad Velander.

Brad, the polys probably had "remove dead copper" and their vertices are
now off the region of the board (due to the shift you mentioned) - so all
the copper is removed.  You may be able to get them to show by going into
the ASCII version, finding each of the polygons and changing the
RemoveDeadCopper (or whatever) option.  Then re-load, select-All cut and
paste blah blah blah. It may remove the orphaned polygons. Also Jason
Morgan wrote a Repour All Polygon server   - available on the Yahoo site.

There is also a Protel KB item on phantom polygons and getting rid of them.

A while ago I did remove a poly and its tracks manually from the ASCII
format file.  Tracks that belong to the poly have the poly's handle in one
of the fields - so with suitable macros you should be find and delete all
the tracks that belong to the poly and then the poly itself.  Also, maybe
you could export the polygons to spread and change the "remove dead copper"
option there, or get their coords, or even set their coords so they flood
across the board allowing you to see them and then delete.

Actually - something that would be nice would be the ability to delete
objects from within the spreadsheet.  Maybe a specially named column with
allowable actions like Add, Delete, Change, NoUpdate etc.  This would
extend the spread function further.

On the issue of the odd shift in the design that caused the issue.  This
sounds worrying - any more details you can give on that?  Has this sort of
thing been reported before?

Ian