Ive used Protel to design office layouts and bookcases with so I guess you could
use it for LCD masks.

What format does your mask shop require.
Do you have the process design rules and can you translate these to rules that
Protel understands? Its basically just a bunch of polygons and vias and layers
making up primitives. And its got all sorts of weird spacing requirements
between different layers and vias.
Id imagine you would have to design using 1:1 zoom level. Ive no idea what
process size you would use 1-2 micron?  The designs here are done at a standard
size, then shrunk to the process size. Then DRC/LVS, simulated using spice
modals and expected silicon speeds and temperatures - corners. A schematic may
or may not be required and how would you get the nets to the PCB primitives and
how would it be DRC'd?

Clive Broome
IDT Sydney Design Centre        Ph:         +61 2 9763 3513
8 Baywater Dr, Homebush         Fax:        +61 2 9763 3409
Sydney,  NSW, 2127              Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Australia

"Mark Koitmaa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 02/27/2002 04:19:08 AM