At 01:23 PM 27/02/02 -0500, you wrote:
>How do I specify a pad with a rectangular or square cutout? I'm using a
>switch and a stereo phone jack that require rectangular and square mounting
>holes respectively.
>
>Sean James

Sean,

You can always consider using a PCB connector with round pins.  I know, not
always an option but I hate the DC connectors with wide flat pins due to
the extra expense required to get them accurately aligned so they mate
correctly with the plastics.

Fortunately there are some manufacturers beginning to realise that many
boards with these stereo and DC connectors are not punched so round pin PCB
mount types are becoming more readily available (Kycon is one maker.)

Others have answered your real question.

Ian