On 09:52 PM 28/02/2002 -0500, Mike Reagan said:
>Y' all havent heard my response yet because e Im trying to visualize if
>using one paste screen for alternating top and bottom panels will work.  (
>it was the best expanation I heard yet why anyone would want to mirror a
>design)     It sounds good but Im still trying to visualize it in my limited
>scope.

It does not stop at the paste mask - also consider the
manufacturing  process (as mentioned by another) where both sides of the
board can be run through the P&P machine with the same setup.  So either,
only one line is occupied, and the boards are just looped through, or two
lines are used but with the same set-up.

The bottom line is - some of us have legit reasons for desiring reliable
inversion of designs or sections of designs (Invert-Selection) which obeyed
all the layer pairings, kept everything in the correct relative locations
and did not leave components mirrored.

Ian Wilson