At 11:25 AM 3/03/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>'delete components not in netlist'
>would be a lot more useful if there was a way wo make exceptions, like
>maybe don't delete them if they are locked or selected or had a special
>property for that purpose
>
>else you have to put a bunch of mounting holes and mouse bites and such
>in the schematic which makes a bunch of clutter and work
>
>Dennis Saputelli

Yes, Dennis, I agree. I have been asking for a NO_UPDATE attribute for
components for some time. I do not like putting mounting holes on the Sch
so I usually place mounting holes etc as components from my library (which
include washer and nut clearances etc) and then explode to free primitives
to save removing the component delete macros that keep trying to delete my
mounting holes.  I would prefer a component attribute that prevented the
synch updating anything on that component - I think it should be
(optionally, maybe) listed in the Preview Changes dialog as a change that
is blocked by the NO_UPDATE  attribute to allow us to see possible
unintended consequences of the NO_UPDATE attribute.

I think the attribute should be available to both Sch and PCB components.

Ian Wilson