At 03:07 PM 3/13/2002 -0600, Jon Elson wrote:
>I was ver disappointed to find out that Protel provides no way to
>do this.

Well, I think there is a way, but I have to go out of town for four days. I
have some schematics to translate to see if it works, but the path is
basically to write the Tango Schematic as ASCII, import it into Accel PCAD
and from there into Protel through the PCAD Importer. It should work, I've
tested each stage but not the whole process.

>Translating the schematic itself might not be so hard, but you'd have
>to have a Protel schematic library that was an exact parallel to the
>Tango schematic library, or convert the library, too.

This is a misunderstanding. Tango Schematics include the libraries, unlike
the old OrCAD. Direct Tango to Protel translation should not be difficult,
but no one has taken the necessary trouble. If the above path works, it
isn't necessary.

>Tango netlists ARE acceptable to Protel!
>
>I could print the schematics or make PostScript, HPGL or whatever
>files from them for you.  I have to keep Tango alive just for this reason.

Keeping Tango alive is in fact one of the most difficult aspects of the
process....

Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA