Similarly,
        Protel/Altium has screwed us over and kept existing P99SE users in
the dark regarding ongoing policies and pricing. (Gee, anybody notice or
care that they are continuing this strategy, even at this late date with the
DXP release on the cusp.) To our company this means that as of about two
months ago our annual budget contains $0 for Protel support or upgrades this
year. This is also greatly influenced by the fact that Protel historically
just doesn't deliver what it promised.

        Seems very nonprofessional, unbusiness-like and thoughtless that
Protel has kept existing users in the dark for the last 6 months or more
over ATS support and the new version release. They obviously do not apply
any importance to existing users being able to accurately budget and allow
for significant capital expenditures within their departmental/company
budgets. It is tantamount to their programmers promising a brand new
fantastic release of Protel but supplying no budget, no release date and no
feature list or spec. Then at the last moment, when it is completed, hitting
the company with a bill for the task but the company can't check the
function nor operation until they pay for the code. How would their
executive deal with such an issue, why are we expected to have to deal with
such issues in this manner?

        Great job Protel/Altium, you have screwed yourselves. All your fancy
revenue generating ideas/programs will have a net $0 revenue (for 5
licenses) as far as Norsat is concerned.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

See us at Booth S8155 at NAB 2002 in Las Vegas April 8 - 11.